Monday, December 3, 2012

can i just explain?



i don't capitalize.
sometimes i start sentences with the word "then."
i use run on sentences.
i don't punctuate properly if at all. sometimes i end sentences with parenthesis at the end which i'm sure somewhere i've heard that's entirely improper.
i use "quotes" way too much.
oh, i also am never sure if the period to end the sentence is tucked in before the parenthesis or after. i'm sure at one time i knew.
i just don't care.

i am aware that i'm not a "writer" (there i go again but dontcha like how my parenthesis are not at the end of the sentence here??) and i'm aware of what i'm doing.
i have decided that just like e.e. cummings, i will be my own person.
don't get it twisted. i am not, in any way, comparing myself to e.e. cummings.
by the way, did you see how well i did in that last sentence with my comma's? whose catchin' on ova here?? huh? huh?
or did i do it wrong? (shrug)
you're still reading anyways.
i just don't care.

if i had to worry about all that and proofread myself then i can promise you i would delete the entire thing and never post. 

i write how i speak. sometimes i run on and on, explain too much, go off on trails, switch gears mid thought and sometimes never really have a point.
i mean, you should see all the yellow sprinklings of highlights when i hit the abc spelling check box on these work of art posts here. i just feel like so what? who cares?
i just don't care.

but.....


i know, nothing to do with anything but isn't it nice when someone tells you they like your face?







8 comments:

  1. I think you should write HOWEVER you want! It's YOUR blog. :)

    PS - I like your face, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you emily! after i learned that i had a small "following" of kids i wanted to explain that i understood all my writing errors and that i was making all my english teachers (well, probably teachers everywhere) cringe. :) who cares right??

      Delete
  2. I don't really mind that you don't capitalize and do all that. I like your blog that way. I just figured it was a part of the way you wanted it to look. I love you either way! I'm sure I make plenty of mistakes myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think ee cummings is awesome cause he disn't cares about things like English rules!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your sweater. And grammar rule breaking.

    ReplyDelete