Tuesday, December 18, 2012

i cant ignore it...



i wanted to. not because i am heartless but because it is so painful for me to even think about. yet i can't stop thinking about it. 

my heart breaks and my eyes swell. 

to sit here and shake my head and think why?

any of those kids could have been mine. could have been yours. yet, our's are safe today.

as i sit here and write this post i hear the, "thump, thump, thump", of the basketball hitting the pavement outside my back door. i hear my littlest little giggling and running, squealing when she makes a basket. 

today i am so grateful for my littles and their safety.



it's important to take a minute and send connecticut all the love you have in your heart to spare.
if you send it, they will feel it.
connecticut, your littles will not be forgotten.



3 comments:

  1. What a touching post. I live in CT - about 35 minutes from it all. The state is pretty shaken up as is the rest of the country. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, Kendra. I didn't know how to address it, this feeling inside, but your description is perfect. My heart aches with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly how I feel. I just can't think about it too hard, and when I do... It's just so hard.

    ReplyDelete