Thursday, October 4, 2012

how skittles made my man fall in love with me



ok, not really, but kinda.

cute story-you can turn back now but you probably won't.

i met my hawaiian in high school-i think i mentioned that here.
the short of the story (coz you knows i gots a long too) is that basically as a high school student i pretty much ate a bag of skittles and a soda every day for lunch. i know, the picture of health. i did have this very same lunch friday as i was on the run and it brought back the best memories of lil high school me.

so, shane worked in the office as a t.a. during my lunchtime. he had been calling me because "a friend" liked me so he was scoping out the sitch for his "friend". it's always the friend isn't it?!

anyway, i dug him in a big way but a girls gotta be cool right? dude's aren't the only one's with game f, y your i!
one day he motioned for me to come into the office and talk. so, i probably did like a slow, "whatchoo want huh", saunter, which probably looked all kinds of wrong but that's a different story. he glanced down and noticed that as i was talking i was sifting out my green skittles and dumping them back in the bag. "what are you doing? saving the green for last" he asked.
"ewww, noooo, (i'm trying to reenact my high school, grossed out, girl voice)  the green are gross". now, why he didn't look at me like i was the lamest girl at pilchuck high i have no clue but apparently (according to him) he found this to be endearing.
*shrugs shoulders*

that day i offered the green skittles to him and every day i have ever eaten them since. which means this guy has eaten a helluva a lot of skittles, unfortunately not as much as me....so ya see skittles could have been what sealed the deal way back years ago, ya just never know.



the lesson to be learned here is share your skittles (but only the green one's coz those are gross).





22 comments:

  1. I love this, and not just because I am engaged to an islander, but because our relationship also started out over food. Rum cake to be exact (sprinkled with coconut because he is Palauan) that I ever so casually brought to work and allowed him to try, as if by chance, ALTHOUGH it was well planned out. I totally tricked him into our relationship.
    -Mariah
    braggaboutbaby.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are smart girls with the food and the islanders ;)

      Delete
  2. That's a great story to be able to tell. Someone should tell Skittles that they brought you two together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohmygosh! i would save so much $ on skittles if they would send them for life but then i would have to have a trainer!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. i can't look at skittles and not think of my hawaiian.

      Delete
  4. AWWW! :) New follower from Mustache Mama's Thankful Thursdays! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for visiting and following. i think i am following back and not sure if it took my comment?? i will be back to visit you though!

      Delete
  5. NO WAY!! I totally at skittles (or starbursts) and a soda everyday in H.S.!! Such a "SWEET" story! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg this is such a cute story!! thanks for linking up for the aloha friday hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet, literally (and tangy too.) Glad you met over that bag 'o skittles you two love-birds you (just trying to be as saccharine as possible considering there was soda involved too.)

    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, ha. This is a cute story. Thanks for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute story...love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks anna- it's always made me smile. have a great day!

      Delete