Wednesday, October 3, 2012

dangerous mini pumpkin pie's



if you had been at my house this last week-end you would have had a mini pumpkin pie (or 8) and i would probably be filling out a restraining order against you right about now because i guarantee you would be hangin around waitin' for more.
these things are that good. it's almost ridiculous! my new favorite to be exact.
i wish i could virtually pop one in your mouth right now (i'm a sharer)  but i can't, that sucks, you lose.










okay, so i bought the mini pie shells. you can make your own shells but why? buy them. that way you have more time to sit with your cup o' joe and eat them. hit up your grocery store, they are about 6 bucks for 16 or so.
then just follow your fav pumpkin pie recipe, fill the cups full and bake at 375 for about 14 minutes.  present them on a pretty tray topped with whip cream and watch while people literally think of you as one of the coolest people they know. truth.

here is the recipe i used:

1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice


*if you dont have pumpkin pie spice you can add the 3 ingredients below.
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves


mix these together then add your egg.
1 large egg



add remaining ingredients and fill into pie shells
1 cup libby's pumpkin puree 

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 5-ounce can evaporated milk



they look even better when you sprinkle with nutmeg but since my littlest little swears she is allergic i skip it.



lastly, and this is the most important part of all.
get someone who will observe you while eating these and stop you before you eat them all.
that's the problem with me and mini treats.


8 comments:

  1. Ahhh - these are adorable! I cannot make them because I *WILL* eat them all LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i had to have back up (my son).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love these little pies... beside being so cute, they look mouth-watering! These are next on my baking list. Thanks for sharing, Kendra.
    Leslie (akak Gwen Moss)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very welcome! proceed with caution though, they are sooo good! :)

      Delete
  4. Those have naughty written all over them. I would for sure need an intervention. Somehow when I eat anything bite size I feel it justifies me to eat at least 10 bite sizes. At least!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might be drooling at 9am over these delicious looking beauties. Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! i had to walk away and get out of my kitchen!!

      Delete
  6. Now I'm super hungry and ready for some pumpkin pie. :) Thanks for linking up with us at Wonderful Food Wednesday!

    Jessica @ At Home Take 2

    ReplyDelete