Wednesday, October 10, 2012

glam grunge? no?


i don't know what to call it.

i had a very casual party to go to and always my first instinct on the week-ends is to pull on a pair of jeans and a tank or a tee. i generally spend all week dressing up at work so i loathe spending time making myself look pretty (or even somewhat presentable) on the week-ends.
its hard to tame a true jeans and tee shirt girl.

i decided i would add my gold tory burch flats and this chunky jewel necklace.
it was my best fake.
oh, i always wear a variety of staking bracelets and bangles so that helped right??
hey, at least my hair isn't in a dirty bun....it probably was the day before.

i truly hate asking people to take my photo then casually trying to place hand on hip, do the leg cross and look normal


this is currently my fav necklace.
it would probably be much much happier with the right outfit or even hanging back with the other fun jewelery at bloomingdales but nooo, this lucky lil gem gotta come home with me!
sorry little gem- i will try to live you up to all your chunky, pink, lovely glory.



this is a small amount of bracelets for me.
i went through a phase this summer stacking all kinds of hardware up my arm. people seem to like it and a friend told me i should take photos and show how to stack and pair bracelets.
huh? i mean, don't ya just sorta slip them on your wrists??... well, who knows, i might.


i said i would post more outfits, i never said they'd be cool......


shirt: target boyfriend tee
jeans: joes jeans
shoes: tory burch
necklace: bloomingdales
bracelets: maui, f21, brandy melville

12 comments:

  1. haha. I am with you with the stacking bracelets! You just stack em on right? I do totally agree that they make an outfit though! I started doing this even when wearing jeans and a white tee and I think it is really a great way to accessorize. Great job today on the post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i am a bracelet hoarder anyways so i might as well stack em up and be proud of my illness!!! haha.

      Delete
  2. Hahah well I think you look cute. When you dress up all week for work, who gives an eff what you look like. Your grunge is stylish, so it works ;] love that necklace, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those jeans are so cute!! I need to wear more bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much! bracelets just seem easiest to wear so i always throw those on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following :) Yes, weekends ARE for dressing down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right?! who wants to deal with looking cute on the week-ends? :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, this outfit is super cute! And an amazing plus, it looks easy and comfortable! I love those stacked bracelets!
    Sapir
    thesapphirequeen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you look adorable and I love my t from Target!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love lots of bangles too...It all started with Madonna for me back in the 80's. Great outfit x.

    ReplyDelete