Tuesday, October 30, 2012

day 1 and oh those magical words....


day one:







"mama, i volunteered you to make a hawaiian guava cake for school."
isnt she cute?


random panicky thoughts run through my head as i try to figure out why my cute little volunteered me for a cake with all kinds of steps!! and why the heck my child can't just put me down for napkins?!!
nooo, it has to be a cultural food. next time let's go with your danish side so i can get on over to the grocery store and grab a box of puff pastry.

ok, well, lemme see. if i get up at 5:45 i can start the cake, it can cool while i am at work then i can get home and make the cream cheese layer. in the morning i can wake up and apply the guava gel layer then i can send her out the door with it.  yes, that's how i'll do it.... sigh.










i guess one can't really blame her, it is the best cake ever!





linking up today with real girl glam


5 comments:

  1. I think perhaps we need a recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when i catch my breath im gonna post it :) although YOU will go make it better than me i just know it!! :)

      Delete
  2. That looks delicious. I volunteer you to make one for us, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looks delicious and your look is cute! Love those flats! Thanks for linking up for Real Girl Style.

    ReplyDelete