Thursday, October 11, 2012

animals and pumpkins and mazes oh my!



have you ever been through a corn maze?
we found this maze last year and it took us about an hour in a half to wind our way to every checkpoint and then just find our way out again. this time we did it in 35 minutes! yea!

this year we brought along my littlest littles favorite friend-oh ya thought she was mine?
no, mine is the tall brunette, tiny blonde and the redhead. sounds like the beginning of a bad bar joke....

before we hit the maze we made a few furry, hairy, feathered friends.
i think i love the turkey. we had a real moment. see the love??!

they almost turned back because there wasn't a pig-my family loves pigs



we stared into eachothers eyes. ok, so he wanted to eat my camera....




they were very tame and super easy to catch

she actually asked me if we could buy this chicken??!!
 





she asked me if she could hold it. i dont know the rules pick it up and see...


chicks holdin' chicks


my girls. they also asked if we could buy a bunny, because we dont already have 2 at home...





there was sort of a duck lip contest. i won. well, yes, i was the judge but i still think i won.

and they're off!
feedin' goats. he tried to eat the bowl-the goat, not my son.

troopers-it was really hot









green corn
so we made a few of our own paths...so what.








hmmm...right or left??

not kidding, she tried to ask siri to get us out of the maze.
fyi, siri doesn't know everything.
yes! we are almost through









TOYOTA! uh, i mean, "we did it!!"
yes, they made up a synchronized victory dance...made me so proud...



my son

pretty faces girls! this is what i got.











the famous pumpkin bread that forced me to bake





train ride trying to get the pumpkin bread cut before it's time to get back off.


the old tractor was cool but check out the straw horses





sunflowers always make me smile





the start of our pumkin and gourd loot
check out that punkin!
my favorite pumpkins






so there ya have it, this was our sunday on the farm. we did it all 'cept for milk a cow.....




8 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I wish the one by my house had a petting zoo


    www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know-two in our area have them and it's totally half the fun!

      Delete
  2. So fun!! I love this time of year!! We are planning on going to one of the hundreds of local pumpkin patches... Not a fan of corn mazes though, probably should have never watched the movie Signs. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhhh...i have never seen it otherwise i would be jumpin and screamin around every corner!!!

      Delete
  3. Those duck lips are awesome...and i love the creamy white pumpkins too...and the orange ones...especially when baked into something sweet. Yum!
    Have a great weekeend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, sunny Autumninal post. Maize mazes are soooo much fun! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we have so much fun, it helps to make it *feel* like fall even thought it is still 90 degrees here. :)

      Delete