Thursday, November 8, 2012

yoga aka: namastank!




so last night i went to yoga.
i don't go as often as i use to coz i hurt my hip like an old lady.
have you noticed how much it stanks in there?!
if you get there when a class is fresh over you can almost pass out from the smells. true talk.

oh, and the yoga instructor has a crush on my hawaiian. so every once in awhile i gotta show up and ya know, mark my territory. give the ole raising of the chin and a lil eye contact, letting her know i'm still around.



anyway, we get there and get all settled.
the show starts.
i say show because if you attend my yoga class you get to see the man that goes shirtless with a serious set of man boobs that really, there is no diff if he goes shirtless or the lady next to him does.

then you have the brown noser, the lady that runs to the front and literally has her downward dog 3 inches from the instructors nose.

then the older gal (go girl) that has questions throughout? um, shhhh, i'm trying to "be one" up in here!

there is also the man that falls asleep during the mediation and snores. loudly. big loud man snores.

lastly, the dude in the back that exhales so loudly that it's hard to concentrate on whatever it is i am suppose to be doing. truthfully, and i fully admit, i should not be in this class. it's way too advanced but ya know, the whole territory thang.

i'm literally watching the clock coz im such a wimp and about 1 hour and 5 minutes in i look to my hawaiian, who is clearly in namaste mode-like full on namaste mode-and start to "pssst" until he looks over.
i whisper, "um, it's been over an hour when do we just lay?"
laying is my favorite part.
what?? i like to relax.
he shakes his head and whispers back, "nah, this class is an hour and a half."
to which i mouth back, "i'm gonna kick your a**!"

i'm tellin ya, i like yoga but i haven't felt that whole connection thing yet. they say it will come.




linking up today:
thumping thursdays
happy go lucky

12 comments:

  1. It will come! I promise! Plus doing yoga is much more fun the running (or any other way to keep in shape)....because there is never a moment in which just laying is allowed in running! My favorite part is just stretching!

    Thanks for stopping by Thirsty World and leaving such a lovely comment! You're newest Follower!

    Namaste!
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey hannah! good to see you! i hope it will come, you are so right about the stretching part, i like that too. yoga is much better than running for me, i could never get into that. :)

      Delete
  2. uggghhhh - I can't do Yoga - shoulder hurts (old lady) tooooo slow - I will never be one with whatever it is.... I like Pilates....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know you have that terrible shoulder pain- that sucks! i nursed my hip all the way through the class and surprisingly i was ok in the end. i love pilates too!

      Delete
  3. I'm not a really a yoga person (I did it once a week a few years ago), I prefer Pilates for some reason. Okay, but true story, my Mom did yoga when I was growing up and she had a dude in class who farted all. the. time. Seriously, she would come home and tell me stories about the guy who farted and we would crack up. So at least you don't have a "farter" - lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love pilates too- my personal opinion (which is never worth crap) is that it's better overall for you.
      omg- the farting man. yes, i have been in a class once where someone did and it's like ya wanna revert back to your 8 year old self and start cracking up!

      Delete
  4. Hey :) it's so nice to have discovered your blog, I've always dreamed of living in California so hopefully this will give me a little feel for it :)

    I found you on the blog hop, happy to have joined looks like it's going to be really successful!

    Rebecca

    http://rrecommends.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks rebecca! california would love to have ya! thanks so much for coming by- have a great day!

      Delete
  5. Probably a bit behind the times, but I LOVE your new layout! Pretty swank there lady...and this is pretty funny...as a yoga student AND a teacher, yeah, I see this stuff all the time ;) It's pretty hilarious/annoying and stanky on boths sides of the mat.
    Thanks for linking up on the Photo Friday blog hop. Happy weekend and we hope to see you next week. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh thanks! i couldn't handle being a teacher, i would probably start laughing ruining everyone's chi or zen or center or whatever it is!

      Delete
  6. Love the post! I've been to a few yoga classes like that, although never one where some one asked questions out loud! That's funny.

    I'm your newest follower from the LH hop.

    holly
    http://notdonegrowing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so nice to have ya- im following back! have a great day!! :)

      Delete