Sunday, November 11, 2012

lets hug it out america!!


freedom is never free.
did you hug a vet yesterday? not too late- you can hug them today too!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

whew! so glad the voting is over aren't you? just to be out of that week and into a fresh week feels really great!

i don't get political with people and i don't discuss religion. why? because to each his own.

i don't decide who i like based on who they love, how they vote or whether they have all the same beliefs as i do. can you imagine if i did? i would have like 5 friends in this world!

upon meeting you for the first time i don't put out my hand to shake yours and say, "hey there, i'm kendra, are you democratic or republican? do you love men? women? both? where do you stand on religion? do you pray to allah, God, or the dahli lama?"
heck no.
i may not even find these things out about you for days, months, years!
because i don't care.
it doesn't define you and doesn't make me love you any more or any less.

i'm a leo.
if i like you than i will be loyal.
i will support you and have your back regardless of any of those things.

i like that you are you,
that you are diverse,
maybe different from me,
maybe not.

i like that regardless of anything, we have shared even a small moment and at the very least
a hello with a smile attached. we are sharing one now aren't we?




and with that whole 'huggin it out moment" i leave ya to enjoy your monday friend.
go hug a vet and tell them thank you!!!

7 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the same about religion/beliefs like that.

    Also, thanks for hosting the Aloha Blog Hop! It's a great way to see new blogs! (:

    x, Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just better not to get into it right?! :) have a great day!

      Delete
  2. hello kendra kay.
    Tirana aduka visit you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a libra, so I see both sides of the story, a trait I wish others had. I love your post on this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello hottie
    I loved this post is wonderful¡¡ i´m libra¡¡
    all pictures are nice since now I follow you via bloglovin, you would like to follow me too? I invite you to stop by my blog, hope you like it, you stay and come back. Http :/ / dolcevirginia.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Kendra! i came over from the hop and dont feel bad because I love arm candy too! lol!~ I got some really cute stuff lately and I have more to add to my blog if you wanna stop by. anyways, i came over from the hop and thank you for hosting. I love this blog post too- I am happy to be out of the election as well & I am also with you on loving people for who they are. but I have to admit, I get caught up in the election! i have a very unexpected interest in politics and I have been actually been loving getting into healthy debates here and there this year! It should be just that though- an opinion or a belief - it doesn't make people right or wrong!

    ReplyDelete