Tuesday, November 20, 2012

newsprint mani!!


have you ever seen the newsprint mani? its really fun and super easy.
it doesnt take a steady hand or an artist so it's the mani for me!

actually, my friends 11 year old daughter has the best nails ever. i know. she is 11.
so i borrowed her and her 10 nails.



newsprint mani



now, you are actually suppose to use vodka instead of the rubbing alcohol but i didn't think my friend would appreciate me returning her 11 year old smelling like vodka. i dunno, didn't seem right.
also, i think if you dip the actual paper strip itself in the alcohol it would work better.
make sure your nails are completely dry. completely. we were in a slight hurry so we didn't wait as long as we should have and you don't get as clear of a newsprint (as you can see) if you don't let it dry. plus 11 year olds like to play on their phones while drying so we had to do a few fixes.
lastly, don't let the paper move around too much or it gets smudgy.
now go on, try it!



11 comments:

  1. Hello! I found you on the blog hop! I love your blog! I am your newest follower. I have always wanted to try that on my nails....I think I may try that soon! Hope you follow back :)

    www.lovinglifeinthefablane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial, I have always wanted to try this!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so easy and if you take your time (i rushed it) you can really read the print.

      Delete
  3. such a fun idea, thanks for sharing! really love your blog -- we should follow each other?! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I've never even heard of this manicure. Sometimes I feel incredibly old and out of touch. Oh well, I blame it on the fact that I've got boys. Girl moms always seem so much more informed about everything. Anyway, I just stopped by to wish you a great Thanksgiving with the family Kendra!
    hugs,
    Leslie (aka Gwen Moss)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, girls force you into looking at your girly side (actually way too much in my opinion) haha. oh, and i would bet that i am closer to your age than you think. :)
      happy happy thanksgiving to you and your family too leslie!!

      Delete
  5. I've seen this on Pinterest but wasn't sure if it actually worked. Love it! I'll have to try it!

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really does but make sure the nails are very very dry. have fun!

      Delete
  6. This is really cool! You could easily find specific words for special occasions. I'll have to give this a try!
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is incredible.

    xxx,

    Danielle Faith
    Danielle Faith Blog

    ReplyDelete