Tuesday, July 10, 2012

road maps



i recently ran across this photo that showed a mother and her absolutely flat (and tan) stomach and check out that caption.



i read this saying to a friend of mine and explained how i call my "stripes" my road map. 

i call it my road map because well, it's basically a map that says where i've been. 

it says i've been in labor and delivery-3 times.
i've been up nights nursing and rocking and soothing.
i've been to countless zoo's and and parks and chuck e. cheeses.
i've sat in pediatrician offices and held tiny hands while tears welled up during annual shots.
i've placed many candles on frosted cakes.
i've said no more times than you can imagine and yes probably more times than i shoulda.
i've tied laces and wiped faces.
i've clapped, cheered, given the, "i know you can do it" pep talks and the "oh man you were awesome" high fives.
it says i've hugged and loved harder than i even knew i ever could.
i've reasoned and bardered successfully and unsuccessfully.
ive worn wings and left money under pillows. ive hidden eggs and taken bites out of cookies left on santa plates.

i've been a mom.
my road map says i've earned my stripes. every. last. one.



17 comments:

  1. My sister is so smart and kind. Love you, Kendra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meow girl! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS Kendra! SO true! Our bodies and what they are able to do are truly awe-inspiring stretch marks and all !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girl! we are truly cool us chicks and all we can do!!!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I really truly love this. We are forever changed by mother hood aren't we?

    Aloha to ya Kendra, thanks so much for joining us for that easy sort of being together today. I so love the sweet company and that so means you.

    Happy Rest of The Week,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we really are changed in so many ways. sometimes it doesnt all seem good but we are so blessed and why would we ever want it any different right???!!<3

      Delete
  5. Hey Kendra,
    Do you think you could email me when ya have a minute? I wanted to ask ya something but didn't see anyway to get in touch with ya-- which come to think of it I'm not so sure there is any contact info on my site either-- oops.

    Anywho... my email is localsugarhawaii@gmail.com

    Aloha,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I am following you from the Love/Hate link up and really enjoyed this post. It's true because I carry a few maps of my own. And though many try to reduce or cover up... I wear mine with a smile. It does show the life that I have lived and what I have been through.
    Hope you follow back.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi jillian!
      so glad you came over!
      all our road maps are unique and tell of different travels. i think we should all be more like you and embrace them, show them and stop looking at them as imperfections. you have a positive outlook and i love that. so glad to get to know you! :)

      Delete
  7. Love this! New follower from weekend wanderings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I like that a LOT!!! I've never heard of it before - being stripes..how beautiful!!! :) What a beautiful post, thank you for sharing <3

    Thanks for linking up to Thankful Thursday with me at First Day of My Life!! :)
    Happy weekend! ox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love what you wrote here. So beautiful, and so real. Great writing! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm your newest follower. :)
    -Laura from www.strollerparkingonly.com

    ReplyDelete