Thursday, August 9, 2012

random thursday



i've admitted it before-i kind of suck at being a girl. i'm not a tomboy and i clean up ok i just am not the best at being a girl.

i don't wear make up most days, if i leave the house in heels you can bet they are off and i am barefoot by noon, i will go 4 or 5 days without washing my hair (yes, i shower), need i go on or did i paint a good enough picture here at my lamo girly-ness??

i got all excited to go on over to random thursdays and link up with them until i saw the topic.
favorite beauty products.
crickets.
hmmm......i could talk about my blush but i really just use whatever is in my make up bag-or not.
i could discuss the foundation that i forget to use almost every day. shoot, that's not good.
oh, i thought i could share the good facial care system i got while under the influence in las vegas but then i felt ashamed that i spent what i did on it and decided i cant reveal that misdemeanor.
i was getting nowhere fast as you can see.

just when i thought about bailing on this weeks link and posting a photo of my new bracelet (yep, that will excite y'all huh?) i realized i totally have a favorite beauty product!!
well, i am not sure it falls under "beauty" so much but i do use it everyday and it does help me look a little more like beauty and less like beast-ya know what i mean?

so i dont have lots of items but i have this item and it's hugely important!!




baby powder. its my staple.

i use it every day in my hair. this is what lets me move about in my everyday laziness and look like i spent hair time in the bathroom- but its all a facade.
i just shake a little on my hairbrush and brush it through my scalp-mostly my temples.
my hair smells awesome and it soaks up any natural oil in your hair and you look all fresh.
it doesn't really work as well on brunettes but works awesome on blondes and waaaay better than any dry shampoo on the market, oh and 1 bottle will last you like almost 47 years so what is that a penny a month?!

so there it is. how i keep myself downright gorgeous. you wanna try it don't you?

5 comments:

  1. ...sorry..it makes you smell purdy too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha! I'm glad you didn't run away when you saw our girly ass topic this week. Baby powder's awesome, I use it on my oily hair all the time too. Since my hair's naturally curly & takes like forever to straighten, I ten to not wash it for a few days afterwards so I can marvel in all the fabulous straight haired ways & baby powder always saves me from looking like dirty head.

    Thanks for joining us & at least next weeks topic wont have anything to do with make up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting!I've never used baby powder before...but I do love baby oil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA I'm totally with you on the make-up! I know nothing about it and any blog post I attempted would just turn out a mess! I have heard of baby powder for hair before, but I've never actually used it. I should give it a try!
    I wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for the Sunshine Award! You can read more about it here: http://smellthewildflowers.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-sunshine-award.html
    I hope you check it out!
    Best,
    Sapir
    smellthewildflowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. well.... i'm a brunette with blonde highlights and I use baby powder on a regular basis for the same reason! My hair starts looking oily, quick, especially during the summer, and baby powder is my life saver. Also, it helps hide my root rot when I don't have time to go get my roots touched up ;)

    I'm returning the blog love from the MNB hop. thanks for linking up last week! :)

    Anna @ beautyinthechaos.com

    ReplyDelete