Monday, February 11, 2013

i've been on a bender


usually it's baking but lately it's been crafting.

it happened again this last week-end.
i can't stop
i don't care
at least i am admitting it
step one: check


i saw these plastic animals at jo-anns for $2.50 each and although i no longer have littles that would play with these 
i just really liked them.
i bought them and brought them home where they have sat for almost 2 months waiting for me to 
cut them in half, paint them, and hang them on the wall like the prize that they are.



my littlest little totally caught the d.i.y. gene so she 
has fast become my sidekick.
we bought these plaques at michaels for 2 bucks and put a coat of gloss white on them.







my animals after they were cut in half. 
the lion is clearly quite pissed.




they all got a coat of silver and the lion got gold-because he thinks he's special, must be a leo thing...



gorilla glue is where its at, i used it last here.

after letting them sit for a day or 7 (hey, girl gets busy!)
they get to hang on the wall now....



the rhino and the elephant are in my littlest littles room where they happily hold her jewelry


the lion is in my sons room. 
he refused to go in a girls room. 
this lion and i are about to go rounds here.




he's still pissed too....

oh well.
happy monday y'all!!!





23 comments:

  1. So cute and funny! will be pinning...

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want these, this so is seriously awesome! Well done!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey ginny! thanks so much -(i am loving your plaid dress today- loving !!!!)

      Delete
  3. Oh I am a big fan of those! So cute! Very creative and useful.
    xx
    B.
    The Compass Rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so fun right?? i might need to make myself some and hang them in my closet for scarfs or something...hmmm...

      Delete
  4. Oh my stinkin goodness I love these! Such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sarah, so glad you stopped by today! :)

      Delete
  5. You crack me up girl! What a cute idea though and totally useable too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was so sick of my littlest littles necklaces getting gall tangled and broken-hoping this helps!

      Delete
  6. Haha. You're too funny. I love this idea!!! I need to keep a look out for these when I go shopping now. Love the idea of hanging jewelry on them.

    www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to do more but have no place else to hang them -haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, I posted in the wrong spot. Trying again... ;)


    I'm visiting from Super Sunday Sync. I love these, and your write-up is fun too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! You are SO creative!
    www.shannonheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are adorable. Such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these, I keep forgetting to pin things I love. Off to pin these now :) Thank for sharing with us at Creative Mondays...

    ReplyDelete