this totally crept up on me.
the love for anything s'mores that is.
i have no idea when it happened or how someone who
never had love for marshmallows could fall so hard and so fast.
one of my grandmas favorite treats was just a plain old bag of marshmallows.
somewhere she is sending me marshmallow love and trust me, i am literally eatin it up grams!
some recipes are sorta "meh, whatev", but this one?
this one you try.
Graham Cracker Layer
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 pkg. duncan dines devil's food cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 cups marshmallow fluff
- 2 cans duncan hines frosting creations frosting starter
- 2 packets duncan hines frosting creations chocolate marshmallow flavor mix
- 2 tbsp. graham cracker crumbs
- 24 mini-marshmallows
- preheat oven to 350°F. place cupcake liners in muffin pans. grease liners.
- mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar and salt in small bowl.
- Place 3-4 tsp. of the graham cracker mixture in bottom of each cupcake liner. flatten graham crust in liners.
- bake for 4-5 minutes until graham cracker layer is golden. let cool.
- prepare cake batter as directed on package. scoop cake batter on top of graham cracker crust, filling cupcake liner no more than two-thirds full.
- bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcakes comes out clean.
- let cupcakes cool for 5 minutes, then turn out of pans to finish cooling.
- cut a cone-shaped piece from middle of cupcake. do not cut through graham cracker layer.
- put marshmallow fluff in a piping bag or plastic bag with the corner cut off and squeeze fluff into hollow of cupcake.
- pour 1 packet of duncan hines frosting creations chocolate marshmallow flavor mix into 1 can of duncan hines frosting creations frosting starter. stir until evenly blended. repeat with second can and packet only if you need it. i say the more frosting the better but you can judge that :).
- frost cupcakes with the chocolate marshmallow frosting you just created.
- sprinkle tops of cupcakes with extra graham cracker crumbs and garnish with a mini-marshmallow.