Monday, February 4, 2013

don't bro me if you don't know me brah

i had a really interesting saturday.
oh, yes, the title. i'm gonna get to that but first let me start by telling you that i woke up and there was a spider on my face.
my face!
we got up at a ridiculous hour to get ready for my littlest littles soccer tournament.
they lost. it sucked.

anyway, i was stumbling around pulling on my boots when i looked in the mirror to assess just how bad mama's hair was gonna look and i saw it. the spider. walking across my cheek. all together now- one. big. collective. SCREAM!!!!!!!
i slapped my own face to kill the spider.
that was my start to the morning. me slapping myself silly.


then off to do 3 games of this:

getting some pointers from coach




in between the tournament games i had a craving for doritos. 
shocker.
anyone that knows me knows that it's doritos, red vines and diet coke. not in that order, but definitely on order.
so i went to smart and final across from the field to buy some. when i took all my stuff up to the register the girl ringing me up greeted me by saying, "what's up bro"?
what? huh? come again? 
now, there are days where maybe it's possible that i leave the house looking not so pretty and girly but uh, i'm clearly a girl. c'mon, clearly. 

it was an awkward moment. one of those, did she really and what do i say or do in return??....
naturally i answered back, "not much brah, buyin doritos, how bout you". 
she laughed. 
it was a laugh that told me that she completely thought i was strange. 
i realized at that moment that she probably called me bro out of some sort of habit and didn't even know she said it. or maybe she didn't call me bro at all and i heard it wrong. you know those moments. where after the fact you grasp that you may of heard something wrong? 
well, i'm still not sure it was one of those moments, i'm still almost 100% positive she called me bro. i'm so glad i don't live near that smart and final and hopefully will never be back.
i wonder if today she is writing a blog post about the strange customer that called her 'brah' at work today....
i mean, give me a break girl, i woke up with a freaking spider on my face!


oh, if you haven't entered to win 12 months of advertising from 30 ridiculously cool bloggers, you will want to get on thalike, real quick!
 

17 comments:

  1. haha! yep...it's not a good day when someone calls you a guy! Even worse when there is a spider on your face. Seems like this all came from some strange nightmare.

    bisous
    Suzanne Carillo
    http://bisous.typepad.com/bisous/

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, that whole bro and dude greeting doesnt work for me... haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wouldn't work for me either! That sucks... I would freak I'd I had a spider on my face... Eeeeek!
    Hope your week goes by better!
    xoxo- Kaara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I freaked out then later thought about it again and freaked out a lil more!

      Delete
  4. Wow. Just wow. Eff that spider. I would have lost it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol... I love this! A spider, on my face, I would have freaked!! And I HATE those moments when you realize you "might" have heard wrong but it's too late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i freaked, i slapped my own face-hard! haha. i keep wondering where did it come from, like did it crawl in my hair when i was sleeping? ahhhhh!!

      Delete
  6. This is really funny! Bro, haha.

    In college, a woman at the grocery store who was my cashier called me "sir" THREE TIMES. That cannot even possibly be mistaken for anything. Sir? Really? Bro you could pass off as something slang or whatever, but SIR YOU CANNOT. :)

    xoxo,
    Gayle | Grace for Gayle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, bro can pass but sir? hahaaaa, that is funny.

      Delete
  7. Eww I hate spiders! Honestly, I laughed with the entire post! This is really funny! I can even imagine your face when the word Bro come out of her mouth lol.
    Thanks so much for linking up to Nice to Meet you once again ;) and thanks for inviting me over for the giveaway, I will check it our right now!

    Mariely @ Sensational Creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. spiders are just not okay on me or near me. ever.
      oh good, go enter! :)

      Delete
  8. Shut the front door. A spider?? How will I ever sleep again?? (If you can't tell, I have arachnophobia.) And I like you even more because you crave Doritoes, too!

    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! i just wonder how often one crawls on us while we are sleeping! ahhhhhhh!

      Delete
  9. Hey Kendra! Thanks for checking out my blog and for the follow :) Followed you back!

    Abby from www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehehe. I dont afraid a spider but I understand, a spider on my face - eeeey

    ReplyDelete