Monday, February 25, 2013

that little has some awesome hair!



my littlest little has the prettiest hair ever. sadly she doesn't realize it yet.

it really is the prettiest bright blonde with natural curls that have so much body and bounce.
she always wants it straight.
straight? who wants straight hair? i guess girls with curly hair want straight hair...

she is learning fast that the brush is not her friend, especially when her hair is dry.
the blow dryer ain't really no pal either.

her hair always looks best when it air dries in a bun and then gets let down naturally.
however, sometimes that brush will whisper sweet nothings to her. sadly she will hang out with the brush and soon the curls get a bit frizzy and then ya gotta avert the crisis at hand.


here is how we chalked her hair and gave her curls a bit more definition.

have you seen this chalk tool?
it looks like a flat iron but it has chalk plates and is just like using one too. supa' easy!





after chalking random pieces in purple and pink i pulled the front pieces back so i could get more underneath.



this curling iron is my favorite. your hair naturally thins towards the bottom so the curl should get smaller at the bottom too right?
it leaves the bigger curl and the volume towards the top of the head making a much prettier and natural curl.




almost done.
her hair is great because many of the pieces already have natural definition so i don't have to curl every strand.



the girls got mermaid hair.
fun color with no damage.







11 comments:

  1. very nice...
    http://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell her she can have my super-duper-boring straight hair if only I can get hers!


    www.dreamingisbelievingreally.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh she would so trade with you too- in a heart beat! it's always what we don't have we want huh?! :)

      Delete
  3. LOVE the pink, so fun! And yes, girls with curly hair do want straight hair, ESPECIALLY when they're younger. Like ME! But know that I'm older I appreciate the curls. SHE WILL TOO HOPEFULLY! But I would die to have THAT THICK of hair! DANG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's crazy thick! she just has no clue how great her hair is-as soon as she gets a little older she will love it- I hope. :)
      good to see ya!

      Delete
  4. Cool chalking tool. Never heard of them before. I tried chalking my hair last summer and it was a complete fail. Not only did I make a mess and waste two hours but you couldn't see the color. My hair is dark though. :/


    www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, it's a great tool but a total and complete mess! haha. i did try it on my brunette and it didn't work at all, she then tried to get me to do an actual dye job to make it purple. uh, no!

      Delete
  5. Seriously gorgeous hair!! And I've never heard of chalking. Glad to officially be out of the dark - LOL!

    XOXO,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty girl! I wanna chalk my hair now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty wish I could do this. To bad I have brown hair. Your daughter has Carrie Diaries curls. SO jealous both my mom and sis have curly hair I got dad's straight hair. Why you curl gods, why did you not bless me. How many kids do you have, I have only been following for a while so I may not know. Also love the way you wrote the beginning of the post.

    ReplyDelete