Monday, April 30, 2012

green drink challenge



 i'm a leo. i love a good challenge. so here i go again.

this is a short one and probably not so fun to view but i have decided to do a green drink challenge and drink the green for 7 days straight as my breakfast.

i know. sure i will probably gag somewhere along the way but i plan on making these healthy but sweet. sweet will be key for me. yesterday i had to do a trial run because if i was gonna commit and go buy a zillion ingredients i needed to know if i was gonna give it a "nuh-uh" after the first gulp.

i called my friend erin who drinks these regularly. erin is like my "mama earth" friend. she always claims how i give her so much as far as kid advice goes (mine are a little older so what i have been through she is going through) but really i scratch her back and she scratches mine because she does all kinds of things for me too without even knowing it. she inspired me to give yoga another try- which i love. she inspired me to blog-which i love. she convinced me it was ok to stop reading a book that i don't like sparing me all kinds of time. yes, i needed permission.

 erin is my only friend that will agree it is okay to stop and dance in a parking lot, to make a human pyramid on a busy beach or to "borrow" road signs on new years eve and leave them on friends porches. erin will cry when i tell her a sad story and cry when i tell her a happy story. sometimes i start a story by saying, "ok, so you might cry...." as a matter of fact she might read this and she might cry. i knew when i texted her that i was gonna drink the greens she would be all kinds of "proud mama" for me. actually, i texted it to her and she called me right away with awesome advice to help me through. ok, ok, so i'm getting way off track here back to the green (but i do loves mah mama-e and could talk about what a kick ass friend she is for hours.)

so, here is what my lil trial run today was all about:

i'm not gonna lie- i put all the ingredients out on the counter where my youngest maile and i stared at them for a good amount of time before i actually started to put them in the mixer.

i put together 2 big handfuls of fresh spinach leaves
1 cup of fresh pineapple chunks
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 1/2 cups of water
half of a banana (frozen)
1/4 avocado (frozen)



i have a vita mixer so that thing literally pulverizes everything so i think that helped me not to taste chunks.
i didn't taste the spinach at all and it was actually really good. erin suggested a straw because it is easier to drink and i have to agree.



both my girls loved it but my son gave it a scrunchy face and quickly left the premises. whatev.
as a matter of fact when i went to go fill my glass up a little more the pitcher was empty and all i heard was the slurping of a straw as my youngest sucked down the remainder. 


4 comments:

  1. I could gush for hours, but I'll just say this: you won't regret drinking your green smoothies. Much like human pyramids on the beach and dancing in parking lots, it's good for the soul... but also for your body! :-) xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. i know, i know, it's hard to imagine this gem is taken but he is all mine ladies.....

      Delete
  3. SO healthy! Even with the gas! Go Kendra!

    ReplyDelete