Monday, April 22, 2013

wanna meet someone way cool?


today i am excited to get to introduce you to a blogger that you will all really love getting to know!

this girl is super savvy and smart when it comes to fashion. 
she completely knows how to be trendy yet classic and really gets that you don't have to spend a million bucks to look and feel like a million bucks. oh, and she has great hair (you know how i love me some red heads!) so already we love her right?!

i will say sorry in advance because you will spend a good amount of time over on her blog today reading her awesomeness. but hey, it's monday, take it slow and ease on into your week with my girl chelsea!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello all of Kendra's readers! My name is Chelsea and I blog over at Olive and Ivy, a lifestyle, fashion & design blog. I also dabble in blog design when I am not working my full time job of being a kayak instructor. I am super excited to be on Kendra's blog today reaching out to a new group of people that I haven't met yet!

Today I wanted to share a bit of my personal style with you lovely ladies. Getting dressed is one of my most favorite parts of the day. I love, love, love fashion and trying new things.. but here's the catch: I do it on the CHEAP. I like to keep my closet full of basic, classic pieces and mix in new, trendy pieces often. I hate wearing the same thing over and over, so I do my best to mix it up! I am very, very frugal with my clothes shopping and I personally prefer quantity over quality when it comes to clothing. I have a few staple pieces that I have spent a bit of money on for the quality, but when it comes to trendy pieces, I definitely stay on the cheap side. Because who says those polka dot skinnies are still going to be cool in a year?

This long cardigan was a super cheap buy at $15, the boots were part of a 2 for $40 deal and the black tee and leggings were probably around $5 each. It all makes for a simple, comfy, but still put together outfit.


I am a big fan of statement pieces. This tribal print skirt is the perfect statement piece for a girl with a booty. It's crazy patterns camouflage the hips and bum area and give you a nice shape! The tank was thrifted, the skirt I believe was around $30 (a pricier piece in my books, but fits great and is made well), and the sandals were $8.


Check this out... almost the exact same outfit but a totally different look/vibe! Another statement skirt, but this one only cost me $10. It just goes to show how one piece can totally change up an outfit!



I hope you enjoyed getting to know a bit about me and my cheap-fashion-loving ways a bit more! Come and check out my blog, Olive and Ivy, where I have tons more outfit posts as well as tons of more fun stuff. I also have a huge blogiversary giveaway up and running as well, so be sure to come and enter! And a big thankyou to Kendra for having me today! xoxo

3 comments: