Tuesday, April 23, 2013

oh, it's time




remember when i got this wonderful jury summons in the mail??

well, i have delayed it once, made one courthouse location change and now i'm officially out of tricks. 
it's here. it's this week.

i called in sunday night and was told i didn't have to come in. yea!
i called last night and was told that i didn't have to come in. yea yea!

then i started to read the jury brochure a lil bit. i'm gonna admit right now it started to look a little fabulous.
like, wait a minute here, a full cafeteria on the 2nd floor? 
an hour and a half for lunch? whaaat? the last time i had an hour and a half for lunch was....oh yeah, nevah! i'm lucky if i even sit down for lunch, it's usually something fast as i shovel it in while standing over my keyboard, working.
oh but wait it gets better, dismissed for the day by 4:30. 
suggestions of bringing reading material. what? like a book? i get to actually sit and read a book? like scheduled quiet time? this is beginning to sound like a freakin resort up in here! 

maybe this won't be so bad right? heck, i plan on being the best juror in the entire city if i win this lucky lotto!! i might even wear my bathing suit under my clothes in case we get to go up on the roof for a break or something, wonder if they have a hot tub on the premises....
wish me luck!

9 comments:

  1. oh my goodness this made me laugh. I hope you have a blast as part of the jury and let me know how the hot tub is. ;) ;)


    Bonnie Rose | A Compass Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it better be clean and have various bubble levels.

      Delete
  2. hahaha this post is too funny! ive never been called for jury duty but i have to imagine its not so bad, have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, i just called in and i am on duty tomorrow so we are all about to find out!!

      Delete
  3. lol... I got picked once and was out from work for a week. it's crazy to think of it the way you are describing it because if I wasn't so stressed out about the work piling up on my desk I might have actually tried to enjoy it a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i thought about everything that will pile up but people seem to instantly feel for ya once ya got "the duty" so i'm thinking lots will slide on the work side. :)

      Delete
  4. Ha. Thanks for brightening my day with this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you are so welcome! always here for ya (or if i'm not here you can find me at the local jury house).

      Delete
  5. I'm 26 and I'm headed to jury duty for the first time in good old NEw York Supreme Court on Wednesday!
    I think NY pays slightly better...$20 for the day, perhaps? So looking forward to it!
    - HEather

    www.sarcasmandstilettos.com

    ReplyDelete