Tuesday, April 2, 2013

polka dot cupcakes-and my sugar coma



wasn't sure these would work.
when they did work i wasn't sure they would taste good.
when they did taste good i ate them.
then came the sugar coma......


 bake a cake that is colorful and crumble it into a bowl. add 1 large spoonful of frosting. i made green and blue, i was out of red food coloring. pink would be awesome!
 roll it into a compact ball-as if you are making a cake pop.
 place cake pop ball into the center of a cupcake liner.
 make a separate batch of white (mine is french vanilla) batter and pour over top about 2/3 full
bake for 12 minutes. let cool and frost.


i know.
try to sleep that off...

10 comments:

  1. Wow these look so YUMMY! Also not too hard to make which is perfect for me. Thanks for sharing - gonna try this.

    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!! I want to make them NOW. ok, maybe in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my. I have to go to the gym in 30 minutes and now all I can think about is eating these cupcakes. lol That's not very productive!!

    xoxo,

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo... Those look good, and fun to make! Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! : ) Having fun going through your blog!

    ~ Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these look so good, I need to eat one or two, bet they tasted great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one sugar coma I will gladly accept... YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg total awesomeness. I LOVE CUPCAKES. LOVE THEM. What a genius and clever idea. Did you use canned frosting and which brand? Why does yours look so creamy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! They came out great. I never would have thought to do this!

    Natashalh

    ReplyDelete