Tuesday, November 5, 2013

if it ain't broke

don't fix it for damn sure!

it's pumpkin baking time in case you haven't seen the mouth watering recipes and photos like all over the place!
i literally drool at times. no, it's certainly not my best trait but it happens....

anyway, i don't know why i made a detour on my pumpkin bread (because it's practically famous ya know) but i saw this recipe for pumpkin bread with a streusel top and after wiping up my drool i went for it.
my littlest little and her friend were my taste testers. they both had 2 pieces so i think it's worth sharing the streusel topping portion of it. 
the bread part? no. not as good as mine. 
i ain't shy about saying that.

me? no, i didn't try any. i recently got a letter from my back end that told me to slow down on my baked goods. i know, rude!
___________________________________________________________________

here is my pumpkin bread-get the recipe here so you can be famous as well.





**tip- to make sure my bread stays soft on top and moist throughout, i wrap it in saran wrap after i pop it out of it's pan while it's still warm. don't do this if you like a harder baked crust on your bread. you can't do this with the topping version though-wahhh, wahhhhhhhhh.
if you wanna try the topping, just combine all the ingredients below. cut the butter in with a pastry cutter making a crumbly mixture. disperse evenly on your loaves. pat the topping down a little with your hand so it sticks better when it bakes.
***don't fill your loaves quite as much as you normally would so you have room to pat the streusel topping on while leaving room for the bread to rise as it bakes.

topping:
  • ½ cup salted butter
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • ½ cup light brown sugar
  • pinch of cloves, ground nutmeg, cinnamon
  • ¼ cup old fashioned oats
here is pumpkin bread on streusel:


__________________________________________________________________________

another don't fix it recipe?
snickerdoodles.
don't fall for those pinterest pics of pumpkin snickerdoodles. just do the good old original snickerdoodle cookie. 
as much as we all love pumpkin we gotta know when were pushin it ya know?!
bland and boring is all i can say. those reviews out there that tell you you're gonna fall all over the place and sink into deep love with pumpkin snickerdoodles are all lies! 
lies i tell ya! 
here is a picture of mine:


meh. i know they look really good but.....
i will save my calories for my pumpkin bread or maybe even a dry piece of toast since that's sorta what i'm gonna compare it to.
oh man, i'm gonna get pumpkin hate mail now aren't i?

**you can send hate mail to me via any of these places:
follow me via BLOGLOVIN!!
follow me on TWITTER!!
follow me on INSTAGRAM!!
follow me on GOOGLE+!!

linking up:

Much Ado About Somethin
Glossy Blonde

     




No comments:

Post a Comment